Yoga Events Phoenix - Yoga Calendar for Locals
Foundation for Teaching Restorative Yoga
25 Hours with Sue Flamm
Learn to bring your students or clients into a practice of restorative yoga that helps them release layers of tension and feel at ease in their bodies. Sue Flamm offers clarity on Restorative Yoga and how it relates to the eight-fold path of yoga, variations for different body types, how to address the emotional body and the mental body in restorative poses.
Through personal practice, hands-on practice-teaching, lecture and discussion, this training covers:
• An in-depth understanding of poses how to get in and out and variations for different body types and conditions
• What is Restorative Yoga, it’s history, it’s differences from other styles of yoga and what is the Puja method?
• The relaxation response and the central nervous system
• Alignment to support optimal energy flow
• Meditations and visualisations for healing
• Handling emotional responses and releases during practice
• The supportive use of props
• Simple assists in the poses
• Restorative Yoga as a form of spiritual practice.
• Understanding your students and how to best serve them
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THIS TRAINING:
- As Sue will be travelling from Spain to Scottsdale specifically for this training, we have an early-bird pricing date of March 20th, 2020. Early-bird pricing ends March 20th, and we will need 20 participants by April 1st. If you register after March 20th, the cost is $525. On April 1st, if at least 20 people have not registered, this training will be cancelled and you will be refunded.
- Due to the nature of this training, refunds will not be given for cancellations after 5/31/2020.
- Bringing some of your own props to class may be a requirement for this training; please reach out to us with questions.
- Yoga teachers will receive 25 Continuing Education Credits through Yoga Alliance upon completion of all hours of this course.
Date: June 19th, 20th, & 21st
Time: 9:00am - 6:30pm
Cost: $450 by 3/20, $525 After
We hope to see you there!