+Coping Techniques for Grief
We have all suffered loss to one degree or another, whether it be a job, a relationship, a pet, loss of trust, a death, this list goes on… Grief is a natural response to loss and when grieving you may suffer from a range of symptoms and emotional pain. While we all process through situations in our own way, it is vital to be able to express the loss and underlying emotions in a safe and healthy way.
It’s important to give yourself the time needed to reflect on your loss; to surrender resistance, denial, and shock so that the grief can be witnessed, integrated, and released as it is ready.
This Yoga Nidra session is here to support you. It will include a short reading on grief and loss, breath work, gentle seated movements, self-acupressure, Yoga Nidra, sound healing, and seated meditation/reflection.
***There is no prior experience necessary! Bring what you need for extra comfort such as a pillow or blanket as well as a journal for those of you that prefer to write during reflection.
Date: February 21st, 2020
Time: 7:00 - 9:00pm
Cost: Donation Based
For more details check out the flyer and you can download it HERE .
Please save your spot and register online at www.AnahataYogaAZ.com!
Still Your Inner Landscape
with Yoga Nidra and Sound Healing
Take time for yourself and join Veda at Surya Yoga for a conscious guided meditation practice focused on the intention of stilling the inner landscape.
There is no prior experience necessary!
For added comfort you can bring your own pillow, favorite blanket, and eye pillow.
Date: March 1st, 2020
Cost: $8 for Surya members and first-time guests.
You can download the flyer HERE .
Hope to see you there!
Creating Balance in Body, Mind and Spirit
On the evening of the spring equinox, please join Veda and Julie for a healing
evening of balancing and reconnecting to our innermost selves. Come
prepared to be pampered and allow yourself to enter into a deep
space of quiet surrender.
Enjoy the following:
- Restorative Yoga with Veda
- Yoga Nidra with Julie
- Essential Oils
- Sound Healing
- Gentle Adjustments
Date: March 19th, 2020
Time: 7:30 - 9:30pm
Cost: $35 by 3/12, $45 After
*Reiki is a Japanese technique in which “life energy force” (Ki) is transferred to the receiver. It is used for stress reduction, relaxation and to promote healing.
This workshop will fill, so please feel free to bring any of your own props to make yourself as comfortable as possible! (eye pillow, blanket, etc.)
Please note that a 24-hour cancellation policy applies to this event. No-shows and day-of cancellations will not be refunded.
We hope to see you there!
Foundation for Teaching Restorative Yoga
25 Hours with Sue Flamm
Learn to bring your students or clients into a practice of restorative yoga that helps them release layers of tension and feel at ease in their bodies. Sue Flamm offers clarity on Restorative Yoga and how it relates to the eight-fold path of yoga, variations for different body types, how to address the emotional body and the mental body in restorative poses.
Through personal practice, hands-on practice-teaching, lecture and discussion, this training covers:
• An in-depth understanding of poses how to get in and out and variations for different body types and conditions
• What is Restorative Yoga, it’s history, it’s differences from other styles of yoga and what is the Puja method?
• The relaxation response and the central nervous system
• Alignment to support optimal energy flow
• Meditations and visualisations for healing
• Handling emotional responses and releases during practice
• The supportive use of props
• Simple assists in the poses
• Restorative Yoga as a form of spiritual practice.
• Understanding your students and how to best serve them
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THIS TRAINING:
- As Sue will be travelling from Spain to Scottsdale specifically for this training, we have an early-bird pricing date of March 20th, 2020. Early-bird pricing ends March 20th, and we will need 20 participants by April 1st. If you register after March 20th, the cost is $525. On April 1st, if at least 20 people have not registered, this training will be cancelled and you will be refunded.
- Due to the nature of this training, refunds will not be given for cancellations after 5/31/2020.
- Bringing some of your own props to class may be a requirement for this training; please reach out to us with questions.
- Yoga teachers will receive 25 Continuing Education Credits through Yoga Alliance upon completion of all hours of this course.
Date: June 19th, 20th, & 21st
Time: 9:00am - 6:30pm
Cost: $450 by 3/20, $525 After
We hope to see you there!