Private Yoga Instructor Phoenix - About Veda Spidle
Veda Spidle was born in Lithuania and at a young age immigrated to the United States with her family. Since childhood, she has been surrounded by art, yoga, meditation, and spirituality in her own home through her parents’ daily practices. These influences led her to pursue a B.A. in Interior Design and later, to live abroad to teach English in South Korea, where she met her husband. Her experience there gave her a foundation for connecting to students, making learning fun, and expanding her perspective of life.
Upon completing her work in South Korea, she and her husband moved to Arizona where the opportunity to blend her love of yoga with her passion for teaching presented itself. With the support of her family, friends, mentors, and students, Veda has completed over 900 hours of yoga teacher training and has taught over 3,000 hours. She continues as a life-long learner to expand her knowledge of yoga and related sciences by attending additional trainings, workshops, mentorships, and self-study.
Veda’s versatility enables her to teach people of all ages and ability levels, and she specializes in using yoga to help individuals find relief from physical, mental, and emotional pain. She aspires to continue sharing her love of yoga, meditation, health, and life with others, and, most importantly, hopes to teach people to have self-compassion through yoga!
Veda has 900+ hours of foundational training, which includes:
- Current Studies in the 800 Hour I AM (Integrative Amrit Method) Yoga Therapy™ Training. Once I complete this training, I will be providing sessions and classes as Sacred Roots Yoga Therapy℠.
- 140 hours in I AM Yoga Nidra™
- 220 hours in Kundalini Yoga
- 500 hours in Anusara® yoga
She has also expanded her education in yoga by completing the following training and workshop classes:
- Y12SR: Leadership Training (17 hours) with Nikki Myers
- Online Y12SR Intensive: The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery (6 Hours) with Kyczy Hawk
- Yoga Nidra: Tapping Into the Parasympathetic Nervous System with Julie Lemerond
- The Shakti Yoga Wheel® Workshop
- Reiki Level 1 and 2 with Emily Stooks
- Level 1 and 2 Gong Certification with Lisa Lippincott
- Crystal Singing Bowls – 101 with Ronee Kipnes and Alexandra Sirocky
- Wisdom Warriors™ (12 hours) with Desirée Rumbaugh and Karen Church
- Mindfulness for Teachers (12 hours) with Steve Price
- Adult Training in ‘Yoga for Kids’ with Jeanene Farley
- Teacher Training II with Barbara Adams and Paulette Bodeman
- BoomerPlus® Yoga The Art and Science of Teaching Chair Yoga Teacher Training (25 hours) with Amy Kraft and Janet Rae Humphrey
- BoomerPlus® Yoga Therapeutic Training (8 hours) with Amy Kraft and Melissa Hardin
- Meditation with Rudrani Farbman
- Upper Body Therapeutics with Tiffany Wood
- Yoga of Pregnancy Teacher Training 1 with Jessica Jennings